Tuesday, January 14, 2014

White Chili


1 lb. chicken, boiled and cut into bite size pieces
2 cups chicken broth (reserved from cooking chicken)
2 cans (15-16 oz.) white beans, undrained
1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) White Chili seasoning (I used McCormick)

In a large pan mix all ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Cover.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Serves 6.

Martha:  I keep seeing recipes for 'Chicken Chili' but have always thought that was simply not for me.  While at the grocery store I saw a packet of McCormick's White Chicken Chili and decided why not at least give it a try.  I'm so glad I did.  I actually think I like this better than Chili made with beef.  It is spicy so I cut that down a bit by using a second can of beans.  Also, the package called for cooking the chicken in oil but I decided to boil mine.  It also called for water which I changed and used the chicken broth.  And to top mine off I used cheese crackers.  Boy was this a winner!  I may never make chili with beef again.

Lillian: I don't like Chili but this one is different. If this is still too spicy, I would try using a partial package of the McCormick's seasoningThere are so many dishes that are normally made with beef that can be changed over to chicken making them healthier but just as tasty.


Food Tester Carol:  My 94 year old mother took one taste of this and said, with great appreciation—“this has real kick!” What she meant, of course, at 94 is that the spiciness was beautifully balanced in this dish, just the right spicy energy and just the right substantial chicken and white bean base!

Tip:  There have been times that I've not had enough of a specific pasta shape for a full recipe so I simply mix shapes of similar size.  This especially works with my chicken salads and chicken casseroles.  I've also found myself not having enough spaghetti or lasagna noodles to make a dish.  I just change up my recipe a bit and use pasta for either one I happen to be short of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment