Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Potato Chip Chicken



3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
1 cup potato chips, crushed
1/4 cup French fried onions crushed
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place cut chicken into a bowl. Add ranch dressing and toss to coat. In another bowl mix chips, onions and cheese. Individually roll chicken pieces in chip mixture, then placing them on baking sheet. Don't crowd. Use a second pan if needed. Bake 20 minutes.

Martha:   I found a recipe for chicken crusted with cheese crackers and couldn't wait to give it a try.  It turned out that I was out of cheese crackers so I did my usual - I decided to Think With My Taste Buds and came up with this recipe. Changes can be in the cheese. Pepper Jack would be wonderful and give it a touch of heat or you can increase the onions and add more flavor.  This is simply delicious!

Lillian: I have made this, with the potato chips, but not with Ranch Dressing . Ranch is my favorite dressing and that makes this such a tasty dish. The crunch of the chips gives it just the right addition for a great chicken dinner.

Tip:  I like to shell my boiled eggs while they are still very hot but at times that isn't possible and they have to go into the refrigerator shells and all.  Well, peeling a cold boiled egg isn't the easiest thing to do without tearing them up in the process.  There is a solution to this.  Put your boiled eggs in a bowl and run hot water over them.  Not boiling water, hot water from the tap.  Make sure they are covered and let sit for about 5 minutes.  If the water gets cold during that time, pour it off and refill with more hot.  Crack the shells by rolling them gently across the counter making sure you get as many cracks as possible and peel.  It is amazing how easily the shells come off the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment