Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hidden Valley Ranch Chicken



2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
2 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing (Original)
4 chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. water

Whisk juice and dressing mix.  Marinate chicken in 1/2 of the juice mixture for 2 to 2 1/2 hrs. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake chicken 45-50 minutes or until done.
In a saucepan combine cornstarch and water with remaining juice.  Heat to thicken stirring constantly.  Brush chicken with sauce.

Lillian:  Pineapple is a wonderful juice in which to marinate chicken.  Ranch dressing is my favorite dressing and this combination is great!  This is another dish that is so easy to make and will garner appreciation from all who eat it.


Martha:  Sis, when I made this dish I knew I would love it.  I did do something different that gave me even more of the 2 flavors I love so much - pineapple and ranch dressing.  I decided to turn it into a salad.  I broke up my lettuce, cut up a piece of the chicken and placed it over the lettuce, added some pineapple chunks and drizzled it with just a small amount of ranch dressing.  It doesn't take much dressing because you get so much flavor from the actual chicken.  Which I have to say is delicious as it is.  It would be great served with a side salad and maybe some rice drizzled with a little of the drippings from the chicken.  

Tip:  When removing the skin from your chicken, hold the skin with a paper towel.  This gives a better grip allowing the skin to be removed with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment