Friday, January 3, 2014

Blue Corn Chip Chicken Casserole


2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 Tbsp. onions, chopped
1 boiling bag of rice, cooked
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup almond slivers
1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced black olives
3/4 cup crushed blue corn chips
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix everything but corn chips and cheese.  Pour into 2 qt. baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly hot.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and crushed chips.  Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.  Serves 6.

Martha:  This dish is one of those that started out with one ingredient at a time, adding this and that and tasting after each addition.  Normally I would have topped this with just the cheese or maybe some French fried onions or perhaps Panko but when I spotted the bag of blue corn chips I had to give it a try.  So, I took a scoop of the mixture, added it to a chip and gave it a taste.  Perfect!  This is just another dish created by using our motto Think With Your Taste Buds.

Lillian: Another great casserole that has all that you need for one dish meals. You would just need to add a salad or a fruit dish here and dinner is ready! Martha, you really do know how to pull things from the pantry and make a wonderful meal.
Tips:  If you've ever dropped and egg on the counter, or worse yet the floor, then you know what a mess it makes.  I think we've all dropped a few especially when in a hurry.  It's one of the things that will actually cause me to say a 'word' or two.  Well, I now know how to prevent it and it's so simple.  All you have to do is moisten your fingers before you remove the egg form the carton.  When I first read this I went straight to the refrigerator, tried to pick up an egg from the carton and yes it wanted to slip out of my fingers.  I wet my fingers and no slipping.  This really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment