Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Asian Chicken & Pasta


1/2 lb. egg noodles (1/2 of a 1 lb. bag)
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 cup stir-fry sauce
1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
1 med. red pepper cut into bite-size strips
2 Tbsp. sesame oil
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
2 Tbsp. almond slivers
1 Tbsp. sesame seeds

Cook noodles according to package.  Drain and set aside.  In a small bowl combine stir-fry sauce, sweet chili sauce and ginger.  Set aside.  In a large skillet cook peppers in sesame oil over med. high heat for 3-5 minutes or until crispy-tender.  Stir in chicken, sauce mixture and almonds.  Fold in noodles.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Martha:  I found a recipe for Asian Style Chicken and Pasta but when I mixed up the stir-fry sauce and ginger I wasn't crazy about the taste.  I'm one who personally likes a touch of sweetness in my Asian dishes so I decided to see what sweet chili sauce would do.  I put just a little of the stir-fry sauce with the ginger in a dish and added an equal amount of the chili sauce.  That worked perfectly but what would it taste like when I mixed it with the noodles and chicken.  So I did what I always do... put a small piece of chicken, couple of noodles and a drizzle of the sauce over them and gave it a taste.  Perfect! Another proof that it pays off to Think With Your Taste Buds. 
Lillian: Asian foods are a real taste treat for me. I make stir fry foods and I love the addition of ginger to chicken, but be careful to not add too much or it will be a bit hot. This would make a great salad, also, by omitting the noodles and just put all of the other ingredients, after cooking, on a bed of lettuce with radishes added.

Tip:  Here is another tip I've found.  If you marinate chicken breasts in milk, cream or buttermilk for about 3 hours in the refrigerator before baking they will come out so tender and juicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment