3 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
1 lb. chicken, cut into ½-inch strips
2 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
6 oz. fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced into ½-inch strips
1 cup sliced green onions (scallions) - about 6 onions
4 cups sliced cabbage (½-inch strips)
8 oz. bean sprouts (mung beans are good, or any type intended for stir-frying)
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon oil (vegetable or light olive oil)
1. Mix together marinade ingredients, add chicken, and mix to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hrs.
2. Prepare vegetables, and grate ginger and garlic so everything will be ready.
3. Heat large skillet on medium-high heat with vegetable or olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, and stir-fry until just cooked through, probably 3 to 4 minutes depending upon how thick you cut the chicken. Remove chicken from pan.
4. Add the vegetable oil, then the celery, ginger, and garlic.
Saute for one minute.
5. Add the vegetables in the following order, stir-frying for 1 to 2 minutes after each addition: mushrooms, onions, cabbage, bean sprouts.
6. Add the soy sauce and the chicken. Toss to combine.
7. If you like, use low-carb tortillas or lettuce leaves as wrappers.
Makes 4 servings.
Martha: This is a healthy recipe that I found online and had to give it a try. I made 2 changes. I didn't use the bean sprouts, mainly because I forgot to buy them, and I served this over Japanese Udon Noodles. So good!!!!