Thursday, May 1, 2014

Ginger and Scallion Marinade Chicken


1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 cup scallions, chopped
1 tsp. ginger, minced
4 tsp. olive oil
1 pkg. no sodium chicken bouillon mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 large chicken breasts or 4 small, with bone

Place chicken in a large dish with a lid or in a large plastic bag that seals.  In a bowl mix all other ingredients.  Pour over chicken.  Refrigerate 6 to 24 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Use a baking dish that is large enough to hold the chicken without them touching.  Coat with non-stick spray.  Place chicken bone side up.  Bake until almost done.  (Time will depend upon the size of your chicken).  Turn chicken over (bone side down) and bake another 10 minutes allowing the meaty side to brown slightly.

Martha:  This marinade is so good.  I actually started out with the chicken broth and started adding the other ingredients tasting as I went along.  I stopped when I had the perfect taste.  This is really good and I think I'll try it on pork.




No comments:

Post a Comment