Friday, February 5, 2016

Panko Chicken Wrap



1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cut into strips
1/4 cup Italian dressing, light
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup seasoned Panko
Kraft Seasoned Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste

In a bowl mix chicken strips, salt and pepper and dressing.  Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hrs. or over night.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with edges using foil sprayed with non-stick.  In a bowl with a lid combine Panko and Parmesan.  Place chicken in the bowl and shake coating the chicken well. (There should be just enough to cover the chicken with none left over.  If there is sprinkle it over the chicken after placing on the pan.)  Lay chicken out trying to keep each piece from touching.  Bake 5 minutes, turn and bake another 5.

To make the wrap I used a flour tortilla, lettuce, broccoli and chopped spring onion.  Add the chicken strips and very lightly drizzle with Olde Cape Cod Toasted Sesame Soy & Ginger or your favorite salad dressing.

Martha:  I've been trying to watch what I eat and hopefully lose a little weight along the way so I've been experimenting with ways to make healthy dishes, mainly using chicken.  Most oven 'fried' chicken uses milk as a dip and then some sort of dry ingredient.  I decided to try the Italian dressing which would give the chicken flavor.  The Panko I knew would crisp up nicely and the little sprinkle of seasoned Parmesan would just add more flavor.  Then I needed a way to eat my new 'fried' chicken strips.  Why not a wrap.  The tortilla shell has 170 calories for 2 so I decided that would be perfect for my new dish.  Then I spotted the Olde Cape Cod dressing which has only 40 calories for 2 Tbsp. and decided that would add a touch of sweet plus blend in perfectly with the other flavors.  This one turned out to be a big hit!  Simply delicious!  I'll make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment