Sunday, February 16, 2014

Chicken Mac & Cheese


2 cups cooked chicken cut into bite size piece
1/2 pound pasta noodles of your choice, cooked and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheese (set 1/2 cup aside)
1/2 cup Panko

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish with non-stick spray.  In a large bowl combine chicken, noodles, both soups and 1 1/2 cups cheese.  Pour into pan.  Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese evenly over top.  Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.  Sprinkle with Panko and return to oven for 5 minutes.  Watch so the Panko doesn't burn.  Serves 6

Martha:  I can't say enough about this dish.  The original recipe called for bacon which omitted.  It called for 2 cans of cream of chicken, I made the change of 1 chicken and 1 mushroom.  It used Monterrey jack cheese but I decided to use cheddar which gave it a wonderful taste and I also added the Panko bread crumbs as an added texture.  This dish turned out so good that I've had 2 of my food testers, that don't cook, ask if they brought me the ingredients, would I please make it up for them. 


Lillian:  Oh, what a treat this is!  The slight crunch of the Panko is just the right touch, Martha.  We love mushrooms, like you, and I will also be omitting the bacon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment