Friday, February 7, 2014

Chicken Alfredo Roll-ups


9 lasagna noodles
1 jar (15 oz.) Alfredo sauce
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/4 cup garlic butter, melted
Italian seasoning
3 cups shredded Mozzarella, divided (2 cups & 1 cup)

Cook noodles according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking.  Lay out on the counter enough foil to allow you to place each noodle individually to cool.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread about 2 Tbsp. Alfredo sauce over each noodle.  Spread chicken evenly over sauce.  Sprinkle chicken with 2 cups of cheese.  Drizzle with melted garlic butter.  Spray a 9 x 13 x 2 baking dish with non-stick spray.  Carefully roll up each noodle and place in baking dish seam-side down.  After all are in the pan pour the remaining Alfredo sauce evenly over the noodles.  Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and Italian seasoning to taste.  Bake about 30 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.

Martha:  This dish is delicious!  The recipe originally called for homemade garlic Alfredo sauce but I've found that most of the pre-packaged are really good and really save time.  I did change the recipe some.  I used Mushroom Alfredo sauce (which I loved).  The original recipe called for an 8 x 8 pan which I found too small so I used the 9 x 13.  I changed the oregano, which was sprinkled inside the rolls to the Italian seasoning on the outside, I used melted garlic butter instead of the garlic salt and I used Italian blend cheese instead of the Mozzarella.  My Food Testers loved it!

Lillian:  I love Alfredo and this is a real treat.  So easy and I will be making this amount and freezing serving size packages for later use.  I think that basil, instead of the Italian seasonings, will also be a taste pleaser. 


Food Tester Carol:  This is a white lasagna with lots of flavor.  The Alfredo white sauce with Italian seasoning and mushrooms draws out the best savor of chunks of chicken breast.  The thin lasagna noodles reminded us of grandmother’s dumplin’s, a legendary comfort food in our family.  This white chicken lasagna now shares this highly prized “comfort food” title in our home. 

Tip:  Casseroles really taste best when made in advance. Time will allow the flavors to blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment