Friday, December 9, 2016

Skillet Chicken Pot Pie



3 cans cream of chicken soup
3 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
2 large or 4 med. potatoes, cut into small chunks
1 1/2 cup cream
2-3 carrots peeled and sliced thin
1 small can English Peas drained
1 large can Crescent Rolls
butter

In a large, oven-proof frying pan mix soup and cream.  Over medium heat bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly.  Add chicken, potatoes, carrots, and peas.  Cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, stirring frequently.

While cooking, preheat oven to 350 degrees.  After vegetables are cooked tender top mixture with unrolled crescents.  These can overlap if needed.  Bake 10 minutes or until rolls are starting to brown.  Top with butter and continue to cook until butter melts and the crescents are golden brown.  Serves 6-8.

Martha:  I found the recipe for Skillet Chicken Pot Pie in a cookbook and made a few changes.  It called for a 26 oz. can of cream of chicken soup, I used 3 10 oz. cans.  It called for 1 cup of cream, I used 1 1/2 cups.  It called for an onion diced, I omitted this and added the English peas.  It called for biscuits and I used the Crescent which was a wonderful change!  The slight sweetness of the crescents worked perfectly.  I also added the butter during the last few minutes of baking.  This dish has to be the best Chicken Pot Pie I've ever eaten!  Yes it's that good and if you don't believe me you should ask my food testers that were served this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment