Thursday, October 10, 2019

Chicken and Spinach Calzone





4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg (6 oz.) frozen baby spinach, thawed and drained
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 pie shell

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place a piece of parchment paper or foil on a baking dish.  Spray with cooking spray.  Lay out the pie shell.  Spread the cream cheese over the crust up to about 1” from the edge.  In a pan saute spinach and garlic until the spinach is wilted, draining completely.  In a large bowl combine spinach, chicken and mozzarella cheese.  Place on half of the pie shell.  Fold over and seal the edges with the tongs of a fork.  Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese inside has melted.  Sprinkle with more cheese if desired. 

Comments:  I know that the last few recipes have been chicken and spinach but there is a reason.  I have a medical problem that forbids me from eating any greens except spinach.  So, I'm working on different variations using the spinach.  I promise to try making something with pork and even beef in the near future.


Anyway, this dish was so easy to make and boy was it delicious!  I actually had some of the mixture left over that I'll be putting in crescent rolls.  I have no doubt that version will be delicious too.  Give this one a try.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment