Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cheeze Chicken Pasta Casserole



1 pkg. (8 oz.) pasta noodles (of your choice)
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1 can (10.75 oz.) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 soup can of milk
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp. Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning (more or less to taste)
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
French Fried Onions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook the noodles according to the packaging.  Drain.  In that same pot, mix in the chicken, mushroom soup, milk, Ricotta and Mozzarella cheeses. Add Steak seasoning to taste.  Transfer mixture to a 3 qt. baking dish sprayed with non-stick. Bake covered for 45 minutes.  Remove cover, sprinkle with 1/4 cup Mozzarella and French Fried Onions, enough to lightly cover dish.   Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Martha:  This has to be one of the best chicken pasta dishes I've ever made.  I used the gluten free pasta which to me has a little firmer texture.  The chicken I baked in my toaster oven until done.  From there on I decided to "Think With My Taste Buds" to come up with the rest of the dish, tasting as I went along.  The real winning addition was the Montreal Steak seasoning and the French fried onions on top.  It's full of flavor and far from being bland like so many chicken pasta dishes.  This is also a dish you can play with.  You might try adding black olives, mushrooms, and/or some almond slivers.  My Food Testers sure loved this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment