Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chicken Marsala


4 chicken cutlets
flour, salt & pepper
4 Tbsp. butter

Dredge the cutlets in seasoned flour.  In a frying pan melt butter and saute the chicken until cooked and brown.  Remove from heat to a heated platter and keep warm.

To the frying pan saute
1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms

Add
1/4 cup dry Marsala wine
1/2 cup beef broth

Cook over high heat a 2-3 minutes.  Pour over chicken

Lillian:  This recipe was given to me by my late sister, Lois, who was such an outstanding cook.  I don't know where she found the recipe but I'm certainly glad that she shared it with me.  She made this one day when another sister came for dinner and it was a real hit!  This is so good served over noodles or rice, or served on the side with mashed or baked potatoes.  It lends itself to anything.


Martha:  Sis, as you can see from the picture I used bone-in chicken breasts to make this dish.  Why?  They were on sale so I stocked my freezer up and had plenty on hand.  Anyway, I dredged my chicken in the flour and then placed them on a rack with a pan under it to catch the drippings.  After that I followed the recipe.  For my mushrooms I used Shaiitake which next to Portabella are my favorite.  This dish was wonderful!  My Food Testers all wanted more.

Tip:  I like to add apples to not just my chicken salads but to others as well.  At times my apple turned brown before I was able to serve my guests.  No more.  After doing some research I found that the Golden Delicious variety doesn't oxidize and turn brown the way the other varieties do and its sweetness and texture are perfect for a great salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment